Saturday, July 18, 2009

This is the Day That the Lord Has Made

What a great day! It's still July right? I ask because it felt like a perfect warm fall day. I couldn't help myself but spread out a blanket and get some reading done in the warm sun. The whole family spent some time laying in the yard but it just wasn't the same kind of relaxation with 3 little girls rolling all over me.

This morning I donated blood. Let me urge each and every one of you to do that this week. Be sure to drink plenty of water and little to no caffeine before donating. It takes 60-90 minutes which includes my travel time. Seriously, that's not a big deal. This is a gift that costs you nothing but can make an impact on a life (by saving it) like no other. HINT: I no longer go to the mobiles, I'm such a hard stick that I need the best of the best or they simply don't find my vein. I've had some very painful donations. So if you are a little nervous, start by going to the Red Cross donation center in your city.

Rodger and a business associate were in town last night and today for a "meat-ing". We throughly enjoyed our time with them, it wasn't even the bribe of the flowers, wine and fantastic beef they brought to the house. It was the time sitting around chatting.

Wow, it's super late. I should not be trying to put together complete sentences at this time of night. I am exhausted! Guess I'll be editing this tomorrow.

One more note worthy item...
Chris finished revising his novel tonight. Next week our friend Stacy Vogel will be editing it. Not sure where we are going after that. We'll be praying that God opens a door for us. Tomorrow Chris will be at the Nebraska Writer's Gild.

2 Thoughts...
Give Life by donating blood
Thank God for your blessings rather than focusing on your trials.

1 comment:

Anderson Fam said...

Love the last bit you put in your blog. Makes me think. This is the day the Lord has made, and God is in control of everything. I wish the best for Chris' book. It will be a hot one in Seattle tomorrow 89 degrees. I think I will sit in Bailey's pool.