Sunday, October 23, 2011

Forty Minus One

 This is what THIRTYNINE looks like.

Tomorrow I start my 40th year of life. I'm not at all hung up on my age...it's just a number.
I remember as a young 20 something year old hearing a friend's sister say she was 28 and thinking, "geesh, that is so old".  What would that "young Melanie" say about me now?

If you know me, you know I LOVE celebrating birthdays. 
From time to time I might set my expectations so high that
it is nearly impossible for Chris to meet them.  This year we
both did a better job.  Today was a great day!

Chris came through with a very tasty cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes 
Carrot cake is always my cake of choice to celebrate my new year of life.
It all started our first year in GI, a dear lady from our church supplied us with the most fabulous carrot cake.  Since that year, it's been a must...GOTTA HAVE CARROT CAKE!

 A month ago, I sent Chris, Em and Reags a text with a very specific birthday request.
I wanted a silicone cover for my Nook Color (which by the way, I love my nook).
There were other covers that I liked but they are ridiculously price.  My dear
hubby went above and beyond to get me the newest, coolest cover.  Now my Nook
can stand on it's own.  Thanks Christopher!


 THE MAJORITY OF MY DAY
...was spent at the softball fields in Lincoln.
 Reagan's fall softball season came to an end today.
She had a great catch today as well as a great collision. 
Reagan is a pretty versatile player but spends most of her time in the outfield because she is so quick.  As the coaches daughter, she is the first one pulled out when parents complain about playing time.  It's a hard spot to be in but she takes it so well.
 
The Boo Bash is a fun tourney that allows the girls to dress up as a team

ANGRY BIRDS
 A little pep talk from Coach Gerdes before going to the plate


DISCLAIMER:
Chris and I have always said (and plan to stick to) that church comes before sports.  Friday and Saturday was pool play then today was the tournament, working towards a championship game.  God worked out the details for us...Thank you God!  Our first game was at over by 9am which left us enough time to drive back to Omaha, go to church and still get back to the fields by 1pm for a 2:00 game.  Nice!  The girls didn't make it to the championship game but they played well and had a great time. 
Kuddos to Pastor Mark...GREAT message today, what a blessing. I think this week was #7 of the Future Shock series.  If you are interested in a great series on the end times CLICK HERE

No comments: