Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kickin' It in Chicago

A weekend in Chicago kicked off Reagan's 8th year of soccer. As I tried to count up the years, I reminisced through the different clubs she has played for. She started in Grand Island where she and her friend Kristi dominated the field. You know, 4 year old soccer at it's best. For a couple of years she played for a club with pink game jerseys, that was her worst nightmare but still had a great time. Now she is on the best (or one of the best) teams in the state. It's a blast to watch them grow and learn. Team sports create a platform for a child to learn to become a leader as well as take instruction from coaches. They are pushed physically and mentally. There are some difficult situations they are put in as well but for now I'm concentrating on the positives of this obsession of Reagan's.
Reagan's soccer team
My girl in action

Bringing the power!

Reags and her Papa
Chris' dad made the 8 hour drive to Deerfield, IL with us. We all had a great time. I know Papa had fun, one night he didn't even come back to the hotel. There's a story but it sounds better leaving it at that. It's a real blessing to have grandparents involved in our children's lives. We love you Papa!

It was a tough weekend of play. We faced top teams from our region... St Louis, Dallas, Ohio, Minneapolis. I am so proud of how hard these girls played and can't wait to see what they do in St Louis later this month.

LAKE MICHIGAN
 In our down time I took a few girls to Lake Michigan. After sticker shock of the entry fee TO THE BEACH (geesh) we had a great time. The down side of the afternoon was when I dropped my phone in the lake and soon after Reagan got hit in the head with a rock. Luckily both my phone and her head still work.

The Littles enjoying the waves

1 comment:

Vicki said...

How cool that you got to go the lake. I've never seen any of the Great Lakes, but would like to. Sounds like you had a great time (especially Papa!).