Monday, September 22, 2014

A Week in Review

Last week it seems that we did a little bit of everything.

Liv is the one with the ball
Olivia had her 2nd soccer game. We have discovered that her little catholic school soccer team is in the wrong division this season. Getting beaten by 10 is kind of tough. On the bright side Liv was excited that her team scored one goal. What a little optimist. Love it!

Reagan ran in her second cross country meet on Friday. She improved her time by over a minute. Out of 5,000 (not really but there were a lot of girls) Reags placed 4th in the 7th grade division. 


Emma and her friend Ben went to his HS homecoming dance Saturday. Since neither Ben nor Em drive (I like that) his parents played the part of chauffeur. The night ended with two girlfriends coming to our house for a sleepover. Church came very early for all of us.
I just love these girls.
We also had my brother with us for 10 days, which was nice. Our plan was to stain the deck but it rained nearly every day. Instead he witnessed what it is like to have three active children in the house. We took him to a HUSKER football game, two high school football games, Reagan and Olivia's soccer games and lots of trips to and from schools. Eating together as a family means we may eat at 4:30 or at 7:00pm. Since moving from Arizona in 2003 my girls have not had much time with their uncle. It was good to get them reacquainted. I hope Aunt Karen & Regina will be able to stop by too.

One of my favorite fall activities: going to the pumpkin patch. I still need to buy a mum for my porch display and finish the fall wreath but my house is looking a little more festive.

To wrap up our week, yesterday Reagan's club soccer team had the privilege of being the ball girls for the University of Nebraska-Omaha vs Creighton University Women's soccer game. It was a great game even though Creighton pulled out the win in OT. I know you can't see which yellow shirted girl is mine but I promise, she is out there. I couldn't help wonder if our girls tried to picture themselves in the blue and white jerseys suiting up for their university some day. Dream big girls!

This week is Reagan's Birthday week. I love celebrating! Pictures next week.

I guess it's time for me to wrap up my lunch break and get back to staining the deck. Tonight we have a soccer game, soccer practice and I'm sure the family hopes to eat dinner too. Blessings to all who visit my blog. 


No comments: