Saturday, March 5, 2016

Jael's Baptism

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. 
-Philippians 4:13

There's just something about a decision for Christ that seeps all the way deep into my soul. It's the most powerfully moving event I have ever experienced. Last month we had the privilege to not only witness Jael's baptism but we also accepted the opportunity to be her Godparents. 
Levi's Blessing
The Band of Brothers is a group of authentic, loving, hardworking, hard playing, faith filled men who are came together to bless Ryan and Kelly's family before the baptism service. It was amazing! Above you can see them praying over Levi and his role as a big brother.
A Father's Blessing 

Our family, Pastor Dan and The Birges
The Family
Jael's Gift Phil 4:13
Since I have never been part of a baby baptism I wasn't really sure what kind of gift a Godparent gives so off to the Christian bookstore I go. (I love browsing at Parables.) Shopping in the gift section is both a blessing and a curse, everything I see I think, "I can make that!" In the typical scenario I don't buy it and then I don't go home and make it either. This time however I was motivated. My basement is much like a craft store and I knew I could find everything I needed there. My finished product is a shadow box frame with Jael's baptism verse on the glass and a small photo frame inside. My hope is that as Jael grows and learns what her baptism means, one day she will ask the Lord into her heart and be saved by her faith in Christ Jesus.

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. 
-Philippians 4:13

No comments: