Saturday, September 10, 2016

I Am With You

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I promised you.  -  Genesis 28:15

Soothing words for a parent in preparation to send her daughter out of our safe home and begin her journey of adulthood in college. Yes, it's only September of her senior year but nearly every day there is paperwork to fill out, a discussion to have or or check to write that reminds me she will be moving out all too soon. We pray for our children. We teach our children. We love our children. We know God is with them but still worry. Oh, why is my faith weak? This scripture reminds me that I need not worry, just trust the Lord that He has it all under control.



Here are a couple of Emma's senior pictures. Not my favorites but I post them because I enjoy the memory of the day they were taken. The top picture: We were done with the first photo shoot and heading home when Kelli, our photographer saw this building in an alley. A last second stop, 3 pictures taken and then jumped back in the van to head home. The bottom picture: Kelli wanted some candid pictures showing Emma's carefree laughter. She was struggling so I started doing cheers, something that totally embarrasses my daughters. There is nothing better than the pure unadulterated joy of a child. I love you girl!

Emma, the Lord your God will always be with you. He loves you more than we, your parents ever could. He is with you today and all your days ahead. This does not mean your path will always be easy but it will be worth the journey. In all you do, lean on Jesus for the big and little moments.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

All grown up! Great pictures. Enjoy every moment of this year!