Monday, February 19, 2018

Thrive at CCC

I'm going to a women's retreat

I know what you are thinking...sounds awful! It took me several years to agree to go to this thing. Thanks to a church event back when my girls were toddlers, I decided it was better to do a scrapbook weekend with friends than a women's retreat with a bunch of annoying women. Seriously, if I am going to spend lots of money and be away from my family for 1-2 days it better be fun or a time of great spiritual growth (or both). No kidding one of the sessions I attended back in the day was "how to dress your shape" WHAT??? That did me in! To be fair, there may have been something good presented that day, I just don't remember. I vowed to never go again. I don't want to learn how to fold napkins, use a scarf as an accessory or clean a bathroom in the midst of a women's retreat at church!

Geepers...a lot of punctuation and frustration just flowed out of me.

Anyway, I am so happy that Christ Community Church knows how to put on an event for women. And I'm thankful to some persuasive friends who got me to go back. Over the years at CCC I have had a variety of roles, this year I am a table leader again. Other than my loyal GF Tami, I do not know who will be at my table. This is both a source of excitement and anxiety. This week I am focusing on prayer for the event, the speakers, the table assignments, the attendees, the weather and health. God is able to do more than I could ever imagine. If you are so inclined please lift up this event in prayer.

As a table leader I am also trying to come up with something special to make for each person at my table. I can't spend much money so it may be a little sign with scripture on it. I will let you know if that actually happens. With a theme of "courage" I like the verse below. (I know I just mentioned it in my last post) I will take suggestions for other short verses.




Happy Presidents' Day!

Pray for our leaders!

No comments: