Tuesday, October 23, 2018

F.O.R.T.Y.-S.I.X

How did that happen? Wasn't I 28 or maybe 32 yesterday?
Don't get me wrong, I have no hang up on my age. It's just a number representing the years I have lived on this earth. It has nothing to do with my worth, beauty or intelligence. It can't be anything more or less than what it is. In fact, I love my birthday. I love celebrating and remembering God's goodness. Some of the stuff I did in my youth could have prevented me from making it this far so a celebration of life is in order. It's just that I can't believe so much time has gone by, to be exact, sixteen thousand eight hundred and one days. I don't remember them all. (Sometimes I don't even remember two days ago.) Those are just my days breathing air, somewhere around 268 days before that my life actually started. I don't remember those days either.

October 1st Emma called me from college and this is how I answered the phone, "hello, it's my birthday month how are you?" It got a laugh. A few days later I started reminding each of my girls and eventually Chris that my favorite cake is Carrot Cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes or Strawberry Wedding Cake from Wheatfields. Specific...yes. But I have learned if I don't say exactly what I want, I get a box cake from the grocery store that I may or may not have to make myself. My sweet husband got the cake from Wheatfields and my mom got me a piece of carrot cake from The Cheesecake Factory which is also AMAZING! Wow! It's not about eating all that sugar, it's about people knowing me. I feel loved and cherished when someone goes out of their way to get the one thing I really like. Iced tea from McAllister's is another one of those things I LOVE but the candle just doesn't stay lit.



This morning I woke to a balloon in my sink and a sweet HBD handwritten message from my hubby. All day I have been getting SnapChat, Facebook and text messages of happy birthday wishes. 
I love it! 

Yesterday I celebrated by having lunch with mom, dinner with Chris' parents and our family. Tonight while the girls are busy with activities Chris and I will go out for dinner. With all that edible celebrating I've gotta take small bites and get a workout in.

Today's YouVersion Verse of the Day is perfect for a birthday!
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, 
before you were born I set you apart. 
Jeremiah 1:5
It doesn't have to be your birthday, go ahead Celebrate today! It is another day that God gave you to love His creation. He created you to be His messenger to a hurting world. You are pretty awesome...make today great!



No comments: