Sunday, November 25, 2018

I Have a Sign For That!

Pinterest can be my worst nightmare but also a very useful tool. So often friends will ask me to make a sign but they don't have a clue what it should look like. Let me start by saying, I think that is very odd. Typically, when wanting to hang something on my wall I can see something in my mind or I found it in a store or online. In either case, I know what I want. Anyway, it's easy to direct friends to Pinterest, it it's there I can probably make it. I took my own advice this fall and started making signs for a craft fair. (Let's not talk about the craft fair, it was an epic failure) Once I found a few ideas, it got my creative juices flowing and then it was hard to stop. 
Below are a few of my favorite recent creations. 
6"x9"

I sold 6 of these signs. 10"x48"
Now I need to find a new design for my own front porch.

I thought about doing the "and" in red, probably should have.
9"x9"

I love this one! It's a cabinet door off an old Hoosier cabinet.
Chris' dad is now on the hunt for more of these door at farm auctions.
12"x12"

I made Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, UNO and Chicago Bears boards like these.

6"x9"


A Joanna Gaines recreation. You can find others on Etsy for $119, I would never charge that! This was fun to make but much more time consuming than I anticipated. I can't wait to give it to my friend Amber this week. 
12"x40"

I guess it's time to start thinking about spring and graduation signs. I also decided to redo all the table center pieces for Millard West Girls Soccer Banquet. The existing decorations were good in their day but people they can only be reused so many times. I assume they are 4-5 years old. Holy Moly!! You can expect blog or instagram posts in April or May.

December and the official start of winter is right around the corner. Break out the coats, mittens and scarves, the midwest was hit with blizzards last night. It's time to turn up the furnace a couple degrees and make sure the pantry is stocked with hot cocoa. Christmas decorations are going up everywhere...it's the best time of the year. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

All of your signs are terrific!
When we went to the Pinterest conference a few weeks ago booths selling these types of signs were by far the majority of the displays.