Saturday, August 8, 2020

Dean & Linda’s Golden Anniversary


I wasn’t invited to the wedding but it sounds like a good time was had by all until the bride saw haybales and live chickens in the get away car! 

Even though I’m A child by marriage, I had the privilege of helping my in-laws decorate for their big celebration. This is an area I can really dive in to so I knew I had to keep myself under control. I appreciate decorations and all things party more than the average. Chris may or may not have said to me on number ours occasions, “is this necessary?” I’m pretty sure I always answer “YES!”

The “Rona” strikes again, changing our celebration from a dinner party inside to donuts and coffee OUTSIDE! No problem, even in Nebraska where the weather can vary from 50-100 degrees with no wind and lots of humidity to gusts of 30mph and clouds and possibly a brief rainstorm all within an hour. That’s no joke! We had a beautiful morning with lots of friends and family in attendance. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture with the immediate family. Ang and John came up the night before for an extended stay while Holly and Stephen popped in for a couple hours late in the morning. 



Celebrating with the grandkids 
So sad that Reagan couldn’t make it but the party was from 9-11am and her college soccer practice was from 9-12 in Lincoln. As always, Nana and Papa understood. 




Cousins from the wedding party

1 comment:

Vicki said...

How fun! I'm sure they were just happy to be able to celebrate with people in person... regardless of the weather or food! Congratulations to them!