Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Christ is Risen...He is Risen Indeed!Easter 2007
Easter Sunday is such a beautiful reminder of what is important in life. Yes, we colored eggs; we had Easter baskets waiting for the girls this morning; and we staged a fun little egg hunt in Nana's living room but the girls know the One we are celebrating. He has nothing to do with candy or bunnies laying eggs, which I might say is a very odd thought.

I have been a very bad blogger lately. This week was spring break which left me very little time to play on the computer.
#1Our family was blessed by being able to help our friends, Tim and Susan get ready for their move. It is my hope that God really wants us to stay right here in our comfy little house until the kids are grown, then they can help us move. It's just so much work to prep a house for sale.
#2We have also been working on our kitchen, I can't wait to share photos when it's completed. Any great comments on the purchase of a kitchen faucet? I need some direction!
#3Chris and Ryan-Dean finished dry-walling in the basement at Dean and Linda's (my in-laws).
#4The thing that has really rocked my world in the last 12 days has been the detox of sugar and flour from my system. Apparently, I was grumpy. :) I'm really not wondering because my mother-in-law informed me of that and Chris denies it. ha ha It was rough on all of us for about 3 days. Now I feel so much better.
As you can see, I have plenty of valid reasons to be a blog slacker.

Tomorrow after I have had several cups of Joe and a good start on my to-do list I will hopefully post some recent pictures. Until then, please say something kind to the one you love. It only takes a minute of your time and a smile. Why do we treat strangers better than the people we call family? If you've been hurt by them, pray about it and ask for strength. You may still hurt but the healing process will have begun!

A quick shout out to Val...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! See you tomorrow for lunch.

1 comment:

Randa said...

Since you asked for suggestions on a faucet....I think we have almost the exact same counter top that you posted below. We put it in about a year ago. I went with a black sink, black faucet, and black cabinet hardware. It turned out great!