Saturday, June 20, 2009

THE COLLEGE WORLD SERIES

Chris and I are such sports fans, especially college sports. So living in the very city that hosts the College World Series every year is a pretty big deal. As a young boy, Chris grew up spending all week in GA seats watching every game for a total of $20. Oh those were the days. Now you can spend $20 just on parking. YIKES!

Sunday we shared front row seats with our friends Craig and Vicki. Today we sat up much higher but with an excellent view and a friendly breeze. Our friends Becky and Andy (or as Emma use to call them Bucky and Annie) are in town from Arizona. Do you have friends who are just easy to be with. You may go months or even years without being together but each meeting is as if there was no such break...Becky and Andy are those friends for us. We are so happy to have them in Nebraska. As luck would have it, they got to see an exciting ASU/Texas game tonight. So sad to see ASU go home, but what a game! Tomorrow we'll all be at Westchester field watching the 4th grade Yellowjackets start their tourne. I'm sure it will hold the same level of excitement but without the 2 outfield bleachers yelling back and forth. Hmm, maybe we should take a beach ball to toss around between innings.
This picture really doesn't do the day justice. Prior to this pose we walked around the Rosenblatt stadium area in the rain for about 3 hours. You can't see my umbrella but so thankful to have it. Get this, they wanted to take it away from me before entering the stadium. So I just walked away, buried it in my purse and took my chances. It's a nice little umbrella that I probably paid $5 for at Walgreens, I didn't want to lose it. ha
after the rain...before the sunburn

No comments: