Saturday, December 4, 2010

PaRty TiMe

Can it be true?  My baby is turning five years old today?  Does that mean I'm not a mommy of toddlers anymore? 

There may be a sad little corner in my heart as I think about the baby years, cute little clothes, learning her colors and knowing I won't have more babies but the rest of my heart is overwhelmed with JOY!  Watching Olivia overcome many of the struggles she faced the first two years of her life and becoming a delightful little girl makes smile with contentment, knowing I have a powerful God who cares about the smallest of details to the biggest concerns.

As with every birthday in our house, this morning Olivia woke to a room filled with streamers and balloons.  The breakfast of choice always seems to be donuts...go figure.  Then we had a little photo session as she opened her gifts but I was careful to stay out of the pictures as I was sporting my jammies and CRAZY hair.

As soon as everyone is showered and dressed we'll take a van full of donations to the Salvation Army, go see Aunt Delma and then have a little birthday party this evening with some close family friends and the grandparents who can make it today.

The bible tells us that all good things come from Heaven.  My sweet baby was created by a loving God and sent down to our family for a time.  I am so privilaged to have the opportunity to love, care for and teach this little blessing from God.

No comments: