Wednesday, June 22, 2011

While The Cat's Away

'Tis the season for Father-Son bonding on a lake.  Each year Dean and Chris go away for a few days, we assume they are fishing even tho some years there isn't much to show for the time away.  I'm pretty sure they fish but I really don't want to know the details of their eating, sleeping or general hygene.  Eww!  All I know is they come home with all kinds of lies about the fish they caught and who was the better fisherman.  It makes me laugh. Unfortunately, brother-in-law John is not in the picture.  Don't think for one minute that because he is not "blood" that he can't hang with Chris and Dean in the fishing or the lying. 

SOOO, the girls and I decided while daddy is gone we could do some fun stuff.  We've had softball games, soccer practice, movies, library time, sleepovers, Krispy Kreme, painting pottery (didn't know how expensive that was going to be.  yikes!!) and tonight we will do some bonding with Nana...dinner and shopping.  I'm not sure that we'll be ready for the "cat" to return.


Note to self:  this would make for a fun girls night out.

No comments: