Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebrating for Months

Life gets crazy.
Sometimes it is necessary to plan to procrastinate.
Our sweet little pink princess was born in December.
For a mom with unrealistic, over board party plans
this is a problem.  December is a busy month!

 As you can see the Christmas tree in the background, we really did do a little family celebration in December.  Emma spent her own money to buy Liv a pink frilly skirt from the dance store and Reagan made a cute pink visor but we hit the bulls eye with our gift...a PINK Nintendo DS!
I'm not sure about the outfit she's wearing...

 I do spend quite a lot of time at the elementary school so it
is only natural for me to hang out with the birthday girl for a little while
on her big day.  We went out for recess...burrr!  We had lunch...Panda Express.
And most importantly, we had treats.  She asked for cupcakes from the store.
(secretly I was sad, I like to MAKE treats but she wanted to be like everyone else)
6 weeks later......

Here we are at Bounce U
It's one of those fun places with inflatables for the kids to bounce in, on & through.
The plan was to invite 6 friends since she was turning 6.
Bounce U's smallest package was for 15 kiddos so we invited 12 (plus my 3 girls).
We had 9 friends show up, it was a perfect number.  Now to get going on the thank yous.
 Max is one of Liv's buddies.  The poor guy was there without any other male backup. 
Two boys didn't RSVP or make it and the other little boy got sick right as they were heading
to the party.  He was so mad at his mom for keeping him home.

Chris and Melanie on the balance beam.
We were trying to switch places without falling off.
We fell every time.  My friend Stacey enjoyed getting
some rather unattractive pictures of us...those won't be posted here.

This was Olivia's first party outside of our home.  No, I didn't do this for the other two at this age but I've gotta say it was worth the money we spent to avoid the mess at our house.  Next year we'll probably go back to something like pizza and cupcakes at our house and then I'll wish I spent the money on bowling.

I love birthdays (even my own).
I love celebrating the life God has give us.
It nearly killed me to take an entire year off of birthday parties last year (sept-feb)
So now I am back to making cakes and going over board and I LOVE IT!


No comments: