Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to School

Holy Cow! Where did the summer go? It doesn't seem possible that I should be sending my 3 daughters (and husband) off to school again. I love having the family home for the summer but those summer months seem to be getting shorter each year. Our district ended school the last week of May and started up today, August 15th. What happened to the three month summer?
Ready for school
"Really mom?"
First Day of School
I love that Chris' school brings in the 6th graders in the morning and the 7th/8th graders in the afternoon on the first day of classes. What that means for us is, Chris gets to walk to school with us the first day each year. (He teaches 7th grade).
Olivia and Mrs Lombardo
My baby girl is a first grader this year. I am excited to get acquainted with her teacher through volunteering in the classroom. Olivia's kindergarten teacher, Mrs Mosby was fantastic, I think by the end of the year I will be saying the same thing about Mrs Lombardo.

Mrs Cork and Reagan
I can't say enough about Reagan's 5th grade teacher. I got to know Lauri last year and decided then that we had to get Reagan in her class. Truly, God's hand was in it because after I had been told that she would not be moved into this looping class, it was in the "final hour" I got word that my request was granted.  Hallelujah!!!
Emma would rather die than have me take pictures at school so I bribed her with lunch today before school just to get a few pictures. I had the joy of eating with Sara and Emma at Panda Express (Olivia's FAVORITE place) and then taking the girls to their first day of 8th grade.  Since we were early, I did manage to sneak out of the van and snap a picture at school when no one was looking.


You might think I had several hours to myself...think again.
8am take the girls to school
9am errands with Emma
1045am lunch with Emma and Sara
1130 to the middle school
12-1pm clean the house & laundry
1pm Oma and Opa arrive
2pm pick up the little girls
3pm take Oma and Opa to doc appointment
4pm grocery store
5pm make dinner
6pm family eat
7pm start bedtime rituals
the day is over and for the most part I will repeat it all tomorrow.
I love my life and wouldn't have it any other way.

Oma and Opa getting their post dinner nap


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like a full day! Your sofas look almost exactly like my sectional... hmmm... guess we have a lot in common. hahaha