Saturday, August 11, 2012

wATeRmeLoN CaRvINg

I got this crazy idea from my friend Susan who asked me to create a sea turtle for her daughter's high school graduation party in May 2013. I decided that I should get a little practice in before all the watermelons disappear this season.
Tomorrow is our Fusion Soccer Party so why not create a 
soccer ball out of a watermelon???
Did you know there are tools that make doing a project like this MUCH MUCH easier? I didn't think about that until 5 minutes before I was ready to start. Does that surprise anyone...that I'm not a highly organized person?  ha I did get out the pumpkin carving kit which helped do the design but a paring knife did all the carving.  
Geesh, it wasn't so easy!




AND THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!
I guess this isn't the finished product.  Tomorrow I will dig out the fruit and try to do something creative with melon, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, cherries and blue berries

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cool. I hope you pin it - tons of people will repin it. Good job, mom!