Friday, November 2, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude

Remembering the abundance of blessings we have around us at any given moment is important otherwise it is easy to slip into an attitude full of sour pour.  Yes, I just made that up but it makes sense to me. My sour attitude can take over and blind me to all the good...it become a powerful negative force in my life. With that said, I want to list some of my many blessings this month.  Ideally I will post a new one everyday but seeing how I forgot to start this yesterday, I'm already doubling up on today's post.  Last year I believe I made it through half the month, not sure why I stopped.  My challenge this year is to complete the month of November.

(11.1)
I am THANKFUL for a loving, all powerful and righteous Creator.
He loves me so much that He created Earth with all the beauty and details that only God himself could dream up. He loves me so much that He created this life with a sense of purpose for every living thing. He loves me so much that He created me with a free will to choose my own way yet an understanding that there will be consequences and rewards for my choices.

(11.2)
I am THANKFUL for a beautiful fall day in the 50's with sunshine. Last year on November 2nd Omaha had snow. I do not take mild temps for granted, ever! I am not a fan of snow, yet I am grateful for the changing seasons so with 3 great seasons we have to have one not-so-great season, winter.

No comments: