Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Birthday Week...Er...Um Month

I love Fall!
Have I said that before? I know I have. I have said it time and time again. Truly the reason we live in Nebraska becomes apparent in the fall. I can't help but love the colors, the smells, the brisk temperatures, [sometimes it's warm too] pumpkin spiced everything, real pumpkin patches, Husker football and MY BIRTHDAY. I love it all I will endure the freezing [ridiculous] winter tundra of December to February just to fall in love all over again from September through November. 

I know my birthday is actually only one day but it deserves so much more celebration than 24 hours. I remember being pregnant the last few weeks and all I could think about was bringing my baby into the world...every day I thought about it. So you see birthdays really ought to be observed a few weeks early. That may be me justifying and I am okay with that! 

Celebrating with these girls
My dear friend Susan's birthday is early in October. This year we started our birthday lunches and coffee dates on the 3rd. Kimberly and Susan are long time friends. When our babies were little we use to put them to bed and then scrapbook together until the wee hours of the night. Now our three families have eight busy children, it's not often that we get several hours together. Dinner at Spin Pizza in Papio was a great kick off to the birthday month! [Blood Orange Sangria was amazing!]

I love the sign my girls made
My morning walk with Anna
BOGO lunch at Qdoba...YUM!
Free coffee from Caribou Coffee
and
Free Cupcake from Mockingbird Cupcakes
Dinner at Genji

Olivia trying to catch shrimp in her mouth
Emma dancing and singing to her mama
The girls have learned what makes their mom feel appreciated. Each of them wrote a poem or song, as you can see Emma even danced. The day before my birthday they made dinner and then that night they folded laundry. If that doesn't make a mama feel loved I don't know what would. To top it off I woke on my special day to balloons on the floor [something I do for them] and a gift card from Starbucks. Life is good!

Since Chris' dad had knee surgery in mid October we didn't really celebrate with them but my parents and brother stopped by for a few days. I made hummingbird cake, did lots of cooking and managed to stay up late talking each night. These are the times we are reminded how blessed we are to have the space in our new home to host visitors.

I will have my last celebration this Wednesday night with my friend Nicole.

Next month we will be highlighting my handsome husband...can't wait!

No comments: