Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Trees

**
Merry
Christmas
Christmas Star
Christmas Trees
Christmas Music
Christmas Movies
Christmas Services
Christmas All Month Long
It's all
My Fav

(that's my attempt at a word design, does it look like a Christmas Tree?)


The day after Thanksgiving I start digging out my cherished Christmas decorations. It is probably my husband's least favorite day, this year he went hunting. Chris doesn't dislike the decorations but he knows I am going to ask him to put the lights on the house, that is most certainly his LEAST favorite duty as a husband but he does it because he loves me. 

This year we have a couple new trees, after 17 years of marriage we needed an upgrade.

TREE #1: A pencil tree that my mother-in-law gave me the year we moved back to Nebraska. Every year I decorate it with red and gold balls, gold starts, white lights and ribbon. It's only 6' tall. The girls call the pencil tree "mom's tree" This year my tree is displayed in the living room.

TREE #2: This is our new pre-lit tree. What an blessing. It was set up in a matter of minutes...I'm in love! I bought it after Christmas 2 years ago at Garden Ridge (which no longer exists) so when I plugged it in for the first time this year I was filled with relief and joy that all the lights worked. This is our "family tree" loaded with ornaments the girls have made over the years and all the ornaments Great Grandma and I have given them. It is so fun each year to watch them reminisce as they are carefully hung on the tree. This tree is 9' feet tall and displayed in the music room which is in the front of the house.

TREES #3, 4, 5 & 6: I don't know if these little trees really count, they don't have lights or decorations but they only go out at Christmas.

TREE #7: A sweet little tree in my kitchen.

TREE #8: Just a simple tree outside on the deck. I had planned on doing a little more decorating out there but it didn't happen. This is a 4' tree.

TREES #9 & 10: Both of these outdoor trees were purchased at Garden Ridge two years ago. I need to find bigger pots to prevent these 5' trees from tipping over when the winter winds swirl through my front porch.

TREE #11: Emma's little 2' pre-lit tree

TREE #12: Olivia's 1' hot pink tree. We couldn't find the skirt this year. I promise that everything in Liv's room does not lean to the east. I guess this is poor photography. ha

TREE #13: Reagan's 2' pre-lit tree.

Until now, I had no idea how many trees I had in the house. Mystery solved. 

(Vicki, show me your trees)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Garden Ridge evidently changed it's name to At Home. My decor is on my Christmas blog...