Wednesday, January 28, 2015

California (Soccer) Girls

Reagan's U13 Premier Soccer Team
Soccer...Beaches...Flying...Soccer...Hollywood...Traffic...Soccer
It was all a thrill!

Game 1 Won 2-0  
Game 2 Lost 3-1
Game 3 Tied 0-0
I thoroughly enjoy watching Reagan and her teammates on the field. These girls are so competitive and have so much passion for the game. I'm not sure how this top ranked team did not do better overall but that's how youth sports goes. Sometimes the better team doesn't win. Without stepping too much onto my soapbox I will say, character counts. Work ethic, a good attitude and a pleasant disposition makes a good teammate and a "coachable" kid. Athletes who lack in those qualities also lack on the field. And then more importantly, later in life! This became even more apparent this weekend.

Their next event is in St Jo, Mo. I'm sure Chris will view his trip there as an even trade for my trip to Southern California. After all, he also go to go to Minneapolis in December. What more could a guy want?

Experiencing the Pacific Ocean with teammates

This is what it's all about...Soccer and Sand
4 Generations

These 2 little beauties came to see us during our short stay. Too bad they don't live closer, I fell in love with them immediately. Erika is such a great mommy!


It's great to be home. As much as I enjoy the California climate I cherish time spent with my family. Today I was back to laundry, scrubbing sinks, loving on my girls (Chris too) and making dinner. It's a great life.

No comments: