Tuesday, January 5, 2016

War Room



Have you seen this film? I loved it.

I believe in the power of prayer so then why do I ever think I should take a battle on by myself instead of dropping to my knees and asking God to take over? This movie reminds us of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 6:6. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Miss Clara in her War Room
Reagan and I were invited to a friends house to watch War Room. We were both trying to find a reason to stay home. You know, it was the day before school started back up, we were exhausted from a weekend of travel, we wanted to lounge around, I wanted to scrapbook. Honestly, there are so many excuses but we went anyway. The blessings were poured out on us in spite of our determination to stay home. Once the movie ended people left one by one but we stayed, I guess doing nothing at home became less important.

Today I am excited to share that I started my war room, in my closet. No, I didn't remove all my clothes (I mean from the shelves not my body) but I have a spot to post prayers and spend quiet time with the Lord. I am not one to keep (or even make) New Year Resolutions so I won't even try. I will use this time to think about what I want to improve on. I want to be skinny but I guess not bad enough because I just ate some M&M's. My greatest desire however is to reflect God's love. When someone sees me, I want them to see a little bit of Jesus. If I overflow with the love of Christ, that is surely what will pour out of me. His love for each of us is beyond my comprehension which is why it's time for me to recommit to studying daily and releasing my control issues to God. Oh if I can be transformed by the renewing of my mind rather than conforming to this world I will be on the right path. This movie is predictable but it is also a strong reminder that we can fight the enemy when we do it the right way.

There is none righteous, not even one. Romans 3:10

No comments: