Monday, August 15, 2016

BACK 2 SCHOOL

Where did our summer go? I remember as a child wondering why old people said things like, "the older I get the faster time flies." It sounded ridiculous to me and now apparently I AM one of those "old people" because time does fly. Our summer seemed to be over just days after it bagan and I really do not want this school year to fly by quickly. (Remind me that I said that just incase life gets hairy and I'm complaining about kids, life, family, etc)

Below are a few back to school pictures. Reags and Liv started school a day before Em. What a good big sis, she crawled out of bed for a picture. Olivia was a little hesitant about her teacher but so far she has been pretty happy. Reagan was a ball of nerves on the first day. She found all her classes and even the lunch room. Whew! Emma was excited to be BMOC.

Lord, walk the halls of these girls' schools. Keep them safe. Please gently give them reminders that they are yours and you love them unconditionally. Help them remember to shine your light to the "least of these." May their successes draw them close to you in praise and their trials help them to rely on you faithfully. You are the virtues of Philippians 4:8, true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthly. Let them think on these things.
In Jesus' Powerful Name, Amen


Senior's 1st day
I love that Facebook will occasionally show me pictures that I posted 1, 3, 6, etc years ago. Look at my girls on the first day of school 5 years ago and then this year. I think I still see Liv just like that little kindergartener. Watching these girls grow and learn to think for themselves is an amazing privilege as a parent. What an beautiful gift from God!




1 comment:

Vicki said...

They are so beautiful! Then and now...
Savor every moment of this year with Emma. It will fly by.