Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Spooky Orchestral Outing

Vala's Pumpkin Patch is a big deal in Omaha. Back in 1988 the Vala family opened a little pumpkin patch (I am assuming) to off set their income as farmers. Fast forward almost 30 years, that little patch of land with a few fall activities has turned into an amusement park of sorts. I love fall and pumpkin patches but this place is way too commercialized for my liking, not to mention the $18 entry fee is ridiculous! None the less, if we can find discount or free tickets, we partake. 

Last night the Millard elementary orchestra students performed a couple scary pieces. Liv and I enjoyed a little extra time at the patch, sharing stories, hot cider and a popcorn ball. One on one time with any of my girls is always very special.




No comments: