Thursday, November 24, 2016

What happened to November??

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y   C H R I S
Early this month my all time favorite husband celebrated another year of life. Other than his gray hair, this guy looks so much younger than me. Well, he IS younger but only by a year. So unfair!
This guy is one heck of a hard worker and great provider, even on his special day he worked until 8pm. We still managed to dine together at Hiro 88 with sushi later in the week. 

Dinner at home and homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate frosting. This picture is a perfect representation of our family. Oh there can be tough times but we like to laugh!
Happy 43rd year of life to the love of my life! You are a great man, love you!

Fall in Nebraska is synonymous with HUSKER FOOTBALL GAMES. We have been so blessed to have 2 seats to share with Chris' parents. This year Chris, Emma and Reagan all had at least one chance to attend a Husker football game. Look at the smile on Emma's face! It warms my heart to see her enjoying time with her papa.    G O   B I G   R E D ! ! ! 

Love this Lady!
Tami and I met over ten years ago on the soccer sidelines of Grand Island. As one of my go-to girls, we occasionally create the opportunity to meet up in small town Seward, NE for lunch. Seeing her really fills my cup, I wish we could do it more often. Tami works full time. Her husband works more than full time. They have 3 very active children, go to church, workout and still make an effort to be a friend. WARNING: stepping up on my soapbox... I am so worn out by people using the "I'm too busy!" excuse.  That's hogwash! (a term from my childhood) We make time for what is important to us. Don't get me wrong, I do the same thing. Today I was too busy to wash the dishes or do the laundry but I did do some cooking, some shopping and even checked facebook two times. So I was busy but I picked what was important at that moment. When a friend never has time to call, text or stop by, it's a choice. When it goes on for years, it's a statement. Whew! Where did all that come from? Apparently I really needed to get that out. Now stepping off the soapbox. 

Hanging with her uncles at the KC college showcase

Yesterday this sweetheart came home from school with the coveted "Roadrunner with Character" yard sign. I'm so proud of Liv. I hope and pray my girls will all grow up to be little ladies of good character. Being an excellent student, athlete or musician is wonderful but means little to me without Jesus taking up residency in your heart. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. I believe when you do that, He changes you.

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. The Lord has blessed me with great family, friends and circumstances that allow me to grow and flourish. It can be easy to fall into the pit of "poor me". Today I chose to remember what I have to be thankful for.


H  A  P  P  Y    T  H  A  N  K  S  G  I  V  I  N  G

No comments: