Monday, November 28, 2016

Daddy's Hands


There are no words to express the emotion I feel as I look at this picture. One day dad won't be around and I don't want to miss the opportunity to enjoy him now. To be honest, most visits are hard and I have to focus on one little thing as a blessing. This particular day dad was the worst he has been in a long time. There are bad days and good (or less bad) days. If I can be vulnerable here, sometimes I wonder why God hasn't taken dad home to be with him. This thought takes me back to Isaiah 55:9 where we read this...

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways 
higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Maybe God has a plan and knows alittle more than I do so it's my choice to listen for the blessings God has for me each time I see dad. My prayer for dad is that he is comfortable, experiencing joy and his caregivers are doing an excellent job.

There's a country song by Martina McBride titled "Daddy's Hands." Although I can not quote the lyrics, as I think about the song it brings me joy. The song talks about how daddy's hands can be soft and gentle when needed but they are also strong and tough in order to provide and even disciple. Oh yes, I have all those memories of my daddy.

Dad, I love you.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten 
Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, 
but have everlasting life.    John 3:16

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Great post, Melanie!