Saturday, June 16, 2018

Time Flies


Has it really been six weeks since I have posted on my blog? It almost become overwhelming...I don't know where to start. Father's Day Sunday which is also the mark of my first of many super busy work days. I may not blog again for quite a while. Soccer registration is all consuming for about 10 weeks...see ya in August. :)

First I will say I am healing well. I am about 8 weeks PO. This shoulder surgery thing is for the birds!  The first 6 weeks were painful but the worst was the lack of sleep. Finally I am getting better sleep and hope to sleep through the night soon. Rehab and I have a love/hate relationship. I love my physical therapist but I also really don't like her twice a week! My best remedy was Copaiba essential oil. When taken 3-4 times a day everyday, I feel great and it doesn't destroy my liver like the prescribed meds do.
Going for a walk
Oh dad, thank you for sharing your smile with me! I have not been the best at visiting dad regularly. I miss dad so much but it hurts my heart so much every time I see him. On this particular day dad was awake and tried to talk a little bit but I doubt he knew me most of the time. It's hard to tell. Below is a picture of Hunter's dog. I have never seen a dog this large.
Biggest dog ever visiting dad


Wicked with Emma...Loved it!
Emma moved home from college on May 2nd. It has been such a joy to have her home again. We are so blessed to have such a terrific daughter. (ok, 3 terrific daughters.) Mother's Day lunch & pedicures for all 4 girls because dad was busy with softball all day.


A year ago my Phoenician friend Tammy and I figured out how we could do a birthday cruise to celebrate her big 5 - 0. After months of saving, the day finally came. I would do anything for this girl. She is an amazing loyal friend with a servant heart, a joyful giver, caring mom and overcomer. Oh how I wish we lived closer. Our cruise took us from Long Beach, CA to Ensanada, Mexico and back. This was a first time event for me...it will be a trip I will not soon forget.



After the cruise I drove Tammy back to Phoenix where I had the opportunity to see a couple friends before jumping on another plane home. Seeing Tammy, Vicki and Eileen really filled my friendship tank! Why is it take my friends don't age but I do? This isn't fair!
My friend Vicki
Thanks Ryan and Eileen for hosting me and thank you boys for giving up your bedroom. You are the best!
My friend Eileen
The most stressful part of my trip was trying to figure out transportation from the west side of the valley to Mesa where Grandma lives. Finally I figured out a combination of friends, waiting around in a hospital and ubers I made to Grandmas house. Grandma and I spent the day together, to say I am blessed to have this lady in my life is an understatement!
Aunt LaRae and Grandma
TWENTY TWO YEARS ago I said "I do" to this handsome dude and what a great decision that was. Chris and I celebrated by hitting several restaurants in the Blackstone District of Omaha. I think you could call us "Foodies" We love trying new places and after all these years we even enjoy sharing meals. :)
THEN
NOW


We now get to share our wedding anniversary with Chris' sister Holly and her new husband. Dinner at the Greek Island and then we managed to make it out alive of our first ever Escape Room. Congrats Holly and Stephen. Praying for Christ's protection and direction in your marriage.
We escaped with 2:05 minutes left
Last but not least we have had the joy of seeing Reagan get back on the pitch. At almost 7 months post operation our soccer player was cleared to play the sport she loves so dearly. Her playing time is still limited but her first time on the field in a game like situation she got a break away, headed for the goal and scored for the first time in 8 months. It may have only been a scrimmage but I let out a scream of joy. This mama's heart is overflowing with pride and joy for our girl who endured a very tough 8 months. Reags, we are so happy for you. What a comeback! 
In 4 short days we will head to Seattle, Washington for the ECNL National Championship Playoffs. Reagan will still have limited minutes on the field to prevent injury. (sidenote: it's fatigue that usually causes ACL injuries and Reags still needs to build up her game time minutes) I can't wait to see what she does when she laces up those black Copas and takes the game field for the first time since October 14, 2017. You can bet, there will be tears of joy in my eyes. More to come...


Peace to all reading this post! May the love of Christ overwhelm your daily life. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Great post! See you in August... (hahaha)