Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A . B . C & 1 . 2 . 3

It's back to school time again. 
Oh the joy of a routine and the tears of crazy busy schedules. 

Emma will be starting her 3rd year of college. My beautiful pink haired girl loves her school, bible study, her apartment, her friends and according to her bank account the coffee shop too. At this point she is still on track to graduate in 4 years and then the plan is to move straight into her masters. My free spirit first born (I know those words don't usually go together) is working hard and learning so many life lessons. Aw, the joys of young adulthood. Emma is still a social work/criminal justice major and loves sorority life. (I'm still waiting for the official back to school picture, she says it coming)

Best Friends and Gamma Phi Beta Sisters

Reagan is starting her senior year of high school. In the last year she has become much more social and concerned about life outside of the family. With that said, she has worked really hard to keep a 4.0+ GPA (weighted) and will be graduating in December. This is happening way too fast!!! In January we will have two girls in college. After much pressure Reagan has secured her first real job, starting this week. (yes, she had a poop scoop job and cleaned at the PT office over the years but this is different) This will be a great opportunity for her to learn how to balance school, work and soccer and then actually TALK to an adult when there are scheduling conflicts. Stay posted, I'm sure there will be stories to be told. Picture #1 is the official back to school picture and #2 is the best dance of the year picture. The Back 2 School dance is a BIG DEAL at our school. It's all about the costumes. This year the seniors, class of 2020 dressed as characters from the roaring 20s. Good choice...that was the time of prohibition!!!



I may or may not be rejoicing that this is our last year of middle school. We have had a middle schooler in our home for 9 of the last 10 years. I love my girls dearly but I don't relish the middle school years. Olivia is an 8th grader and already LOVING her classes, teachers and friends. Show choir began last week, musical tryouts are right around the corner and Sing Omaha rehearsals begin this week. Highlight of back to school shopping with Liv was finding 3 fantastic pairs of jean shorts at Goodwill for a grand total of $12. 
Liv with her best friend of 11 years

Chris is in his 20th year of teaching. I am forever amazed at the way he connects with middle school kids. You couldn't pay me enough to do what he does...I think they smell and act childish. Obviously he can't smell and embraces the silliness. He is a favorite teacher yet provides strong boundaries for the kids too. Not every day is fun but he loves his job. 

I'm not going to school although I have thought about finishing my degree several times. To be honest, it would cost us money that we just don't have. Maybe one day! You know how we all say, "when we have more time and money." As if that ever happens. ha ha ha!! My schedule consists of working part-time for CORE Physical Therapy, working part-time from home for Elite Girls Academy soccer club and still selling my crafty designs whenever possible. The cooking, cleaning and laundry is a struggle these days and that's just fine!!

Happy Back to school 2019-2020

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this is Emma's Junior Year already! This time has flown by. You have much to be proud of in your girls. I'm proud of them, too!