Friday, September 6, 2019

20th Annual Raabe (Ray.be) Reunion

Summer post July 2019...not September

MEET THE LEADERS OF THE FAMILY
Siblings Helen, Dean and Lois

First, I have to give a huge shout out to my hubby for finding an amazing reunion location! If I am going to be honest, I was worried that MAYBE Chris found a place that fit all his requirements but maybe not those of some of the pickier people (I am one of those pickier people). I didn't want to hear complaints. However, over 30 people together and no one complained...not even me. That's what you call a miracle! Thanks Chris, you did a fantatsic job finding our family reunion spot.

This crew comes from DesMoines IA, Omaha NE, Kearney NE and Kansas City MO. It's tough but we try to find a location that is a reasonable drive for everyone without breaking the bank. Tucked away in small town Iowa there is a fantastic B&B that sleeps over 30 people. We had a big house and guest house, lots of green space, pool tables, ping pong, a huge fire pit, 2 small lakes for fishing, swimming and kayaking and a homemade breakfast each day. It was nearly PERFECT! 

 The whole crew. Both Lisa and Emma came late.
Lou & Lois plus their crew of 10
Dean & Linda plus their crew of 9
Lynn & Helen plus their crew of 6
The Dean Raabe Family

THE  BOCCE TOURNAMENT
It's all fun and games...well sort of. We had all kinds of measuring devices out to check and recheck who had the closest bocce toss. And in the end it was a team of in-laws who won it all!!!
Paul you were a great partner!
C H A M P I O N S


The kids had a blast in the water. I just couldn't bring myself to get in there. 
snapping turtles . slimy moss . snakes . who knows what else
Late Night Pool
Big UNO tournament
Girl cousins catching frogs
Arm Workout
Giant Slip N Slide
After 20 consecutive years of reunions with the whole crew, I understood this one to be the last. My family LOVES our long weekends with family so in no way were we ready to let it go. Don't get me wrong, it has been a challenge some years. We have active kids and busy schedules but Chris and I made this a priority for our family. There are some branches of the family who are in those tough years of youth sports and vacations. Every family chooses where their priorities are and we move on. I am thrilled that we have a deposit down for one more year!

This place was great but had it's problems, we are off to southeast Iowa next year. It's going to be a longer drive for us and much longer for Emma. (insert sad face) Here's the issue...what seemed to be a friendly visit by the neighbor turned into a weird interaction with a felon who was most likely high and capable of being dangerous. Geepers, you never know what or who you will run into.

I know not every family is so lucky.
We love each other. We love the Lord. And we know how to have a good time. 

No comments: