Monday, September 23, 2019

God Protects

Oh how I love this precious girl! I don't know if it's straight up protect or a sign that we need to slow down a bit but a couple weeks ago we had a scare that could have been a real nightmare! Saturday evening on the way home from work, Em found herself in the middle of an intersection with a smashed up car, pounding head and filled with anxiety. Oh that feeling of a car accident is terrible!
.
Been there!
.
Done that!
.
We are now almost a month out. Kevin (the car) has probably been torn apart and sold for parts while Emma is recovering from a concussion and whiplash. Praying for this girl to heal quickly and learn a whole host of life lessons in the meantime.





Today I write this as I remember my friend, Loni. September 5th was the 4 year anniversary of the tragic death of her precious 15 year old son in a relatively minor car accident. Why? Why would Nick die? Praise Jesus that Emma is ok but why? Why did this accident happen and why was her life spared? I won't ever know these answers but I trust our Lord God to be sovereign and just. It's like a kindergartner asking a neuro surgeon to explain the functions of the brain and nervous system. The doc might spell it our but the child will never comprehend the words. That is me asking God to lay out the plan of who lives and who dies. I can't see what he sees, I don't know what he knows and never will. Praise be the one who created us, loved us first and will be there with us until the end.

No comments: