Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Phase I Complete!

Today marks the last day of the first 6-week phase of a new lifestyle for me. It is truly a day of celebration for me.

April 1st I joined a class called PRISM. It is a weight loss program based on biblical principals. I have learned if you look at it like a diet the success rate will be just like all the other diets out there...not lasting. Phase I strips you down to the basics of eating healthy natural foods and breaking emotional ties to food. Sounds funny but SO NECCESSARY! For 6 wks I have not eaten processed sugar, any flour, nasty toxic oils, or processed foods of any kind (ok there were just a couple of slip-ups). Starting tomorrow there will be changes to my diet, adding in some foods but forever the nasty toxic stuff is gone. It sounds difficult and to be honest the first week is so bad I thought I was going through a drug rehab program...I felt terrible.

Today I weighed and took my measurements again. Woo Hoo!! I have lost 18.5 lbs and lost 13 1/4 inches. SWEET!!!! I think I'll go eat a big old piece of a chocolate cake to celebrate. Just Kidding!

Tomorrow I start Phase II. Please come along side of me with encouraging words and supportive prayers. This is hard and I still have a long way to go. Thanks for being my friend and support.

No comments: