Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Girls Scrappy Weekend

Did you know PF Chang's has happy hour? This was news to me but certainly helped out with the food budget for the weekend. Yummy Lettuce Wraps!! I believe we celebrated our 10th semi-annual scrapbook weekend in Omaha. Not only do I get to hang out with my dear friends Kimberly and Susan but we enjoy all our favorite restaurants... PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Hu Hot, Chipolte and Newman's Pasta. With a line up like that we should have also hit the treadmill.
This year we "camped" out at the Raabe Hotel. The hubby and girls went to Nana & Papa's house so we were free to scrap, eat cheesecake and laugh until the wee hours of the night.

I started strong, got my first layout done before Kimberly even got her paper out but as always she kicked my butt in the final count on Sunday afternoon. Susan was running on low energy thanks to a cold and an infected computer (mine).

Today I got back to work at the scrapbook table. The first 8 client layouts of 2010 have been created. Whew! I'm on a roll.

On a very serious note, I want to draw your attention to Haiti. By now you all should be aware of the disaster that small country has undergone. Two things... 1. please pray for everyone over there. 2. do something to help. Be careful to give only to reputable organizations, we want to be good stewards of every dollar spent. Below you will find a site and blog for an orphanage in Haiti. You can send items to the Colorado address or donate money via the site. It's safe and in great need. Just $5 or $10 from EACH of us will help save a life.
Interesting I just noticed the scripture of the day starts out like this...
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Be generous!

http://glahaiti.org

http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org

God’s Littlest Angels

2085 Crystal River Dr.

Colorado Springs, CO 80915


Be A Blessing!

No comments: