Sunday, January 10, 2010

Taking A Leap

My first scrapbook was created about 25 years ago, yes that was before scrapbooking was an industry. Most people stuck 3x5 pictures in an album (the kind that ruin your photos), I went beyond that. My bedroom floor was full of cut out words, phrases and pictures from magazines and the local newspaper, all the while being careful to keep special documents to help me remember the event. Now, I don't want to brag but I've gotta say I was way beyond my time and only 12 years old. I didn't know anything about acid free products or safety in preserving memories but then, neither did anyone else.

Today my scrapbook room is knee deep in every scrappy item available, except for a great cutting machine such as a Cricut Expression. I read magazines, surf the web and chat with my buddies at ScrapLove.com in hopes to find my inspiration for a new layout. In the last week I have managed to complete 14 layouts. Two more to go and they will be ready to be shipped to a client in Kansas.

What started out as a hobby has now turned into a business. In 2010 my goal is to take my business to the next level. Maybe I'm not at the "leaping" stage but certainly I have started the "baby steps." Parents today are over worked, over scheduled and in desperate need of some help. My baby book is rather empty, so sad...I'm the 3rd child and who had time to record first steps, first tooth, first time on a bike or that family vacation back in 1979. Scrapbooking is very time consuming and I am willing to take on the responsibility of preserving memories for busy families in personalized unique photo layouts.

What can you do? You can encourage me. You can keep me accountable (don't let me chicken out). And don't forget to pray for me to have wisdom, success and balance with my own family.

I will keep you posted on my baby steps and hope to have a website full of information soon.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm already proud of you and amazed at your work. I will be praying that your business will expand this year and that God will show you where He wants you to go with it. How exciting! Just don't get so busy that you don't have time for phone calls... ha ha