Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Personal Evaluation

Since I quit working, in a professional sense, I also quit setting goals and taking a serious/realistic look at what I am doing and what I want to do. Sunday our pastor gave out Personal Growth Plan 2010 sheets. I am ready to fill it out, won't you join me? How else will I know if my life has changed for the better between now and December 2010. I sure hope I have spiritually grown in the last year but I don't have anything to look back on to check myself.

Because I feel strong about this I am going to list the categories and I hope you all take a look at this and do it yourself. If you don't hold a spiritual belief, this still can be a great tool to use. Consider making yourself a better person, whatever that statement means to you.

I have included some examples:

Name: (should be easy for you)

Personal mission statement: (I have no idea what I'll write here)

Broad goals for this year:
Increase personal health & vitality
Practice intentionality for spiritual growth

Spiritual disciplines:
study the bible 5 days a week
memorize one verse a month

Influencing relationship:
Peers:
Mentors:
I need one of these
Seekers:
Disciples: my most important...the 3 girls.

Ministry goals:
Pray with the girls every night. Read from the bible 4 times a week with the girls.

Reading: (I've heard 15 min per day = 15 books a year) Leaders are readers!

Experiences:

Personal habits, skills, goals:
work out 4 days a week
turn my scrapbooking into a real business


Tweek this anyway you want to but I strongly suggest you do this. In December we'll look back at what worked, what didn't and what you'll add to your 2011 growth plan.

Now trade your plan with a friend, spouse or anyone who will love you and hold you accountable. This is not an unrealistic list of things that will look good. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You can find this form at www.cccomaha.org



On a different note, thought I'd share a picture of the girls outside today. In case you are wondering, Reagan is standing on the sidewalk. The snow by the street is almost as talk as I am and the snow in our yard is 3-4 feet high depending where you are. It warmed up to 10 degrees so I let the girls play in the snow for about 20 minutes today. Crazy girls!
That is an icicle that Emma is holding, now it's in the deep freeze.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Great format. This year when I wrote my goals, I posted specific "done by" dates as mileposts. I'm hoping that will hold me more accountable. It was easy for me to list goals, I'm still working on wishes, hopes, and dreams.