Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cake Pops

My super creative, can do anything friend, Sandy showed me a blog this weekend which started this whole project. As always, it proved to be pretty time consuming and my little cake pops did not turn out nearly as cute as Little Miss Expert's did over at www.bakerella.com You've gotta see all her creations!
So here I start with pink cake, since that is what Olivia picked out, go figure.

Even though I used a little melon scoop my balls are a little misshapen.
I love to start a project, only to realize at a very critical stage that I don't have all the necessary tools or items. I don't love to do that, it just seems to be my MO. As you can see here, I have used drinking straws instead of sucker sticks. Chris couldn't find them at the store and it was too late to run to Michaels. I did get them the next day and it was so much easier.

The second half of batch number one turned out much better. I became a better ball roller and I added shortening to my candy melts. Wow! What a difference. Note I ditched the sprinkles idea and just drizzled candy melt over the top.
My creations are now ready to go to school with Emma on Thursday. I have about 100 pink cake and chocolate cake cake pops (I used the word cake a lot there, huh) with a variety of colored coatings on them. Each in a celophane bag tied with a ribbon. Aren't they pretty?

I know my darling husband is secretly wondering why I would spend an ENTIRE day doing this when Emma would have been just as pleased with store bought cookies or donuts as a treat for her birthday. That is a valid question unless you are a person like me who just has to make it (whatever it may be) look cute. These are the blessings of staying home and being a full time mommy. If I were working outside the home, this never would have happened.

Whew! So glad I have pictures to prove I did something today.

Have a blessed day! Be sure to go out of your way to make someone feel special.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love all the colors!!! They turned out great!

I wish we could send homemade food to school. They won't let us because they're afraid we'll poison the kids... GRRRR!

Rebecca said...

100!?! WOW! They look great!

I would like to try the cheesecake pops, don't care much for frosting. I'm sure my kids would be happy with either :)

Linda365 said...

These are amazing!! You are like me when my kids were little--I was always trying something new and fun!!!

Debra said...

Yes working mothers do make these things happen. It depends on how much you love CUTE! I love cute! : )

We just get less sleep than you do! LOL!