Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Ahead

If nothing else, this must be a sign that spring is here. Tonight we will set our clocks ahead by one hour (spring ahead). It's a bitter sweet idea for me. On one hand, I really like my sleep and that one hour of missing shut-eye is precious to me. Maybe if I wasn't one of those chronically sleep deprived people it wouldn't matter so much. On the other hand, this day marks a wonderful moment in time...SPRING! I know it's not official anywhere except in my mind.

Losing that hour of sleep makes me remember Easter one year when I was a kid. We were late for church because we forgot to move the clocks ahead. If Easter isn't a mark in time to think "spring" then I don't know what is. Spring is new life....hello Easter is all about new life in Jesus Christ. The winter kills all green plant life and in the spring the plant emerges from ground with new life. 2000 years ago Jesus Chris died and on Easter morning he emerged from death with new life.

I can't say happy Easter tomorrow, not even Happy St Patrick's Day yet but I can say happy March 14th all you sleepy eyed people. Have a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

The black background is very dramatic. I told Dan maybe I will start posting at night because all you midwest & east coast people will read the blog in the morning now hours before I'm even up!