Monday, March 8, 2010

Working Girl for a Day

I have no desire to go back to work but today I'm pretending to be a working girl again. Pearson Chiropractic is a blooming new wellness center opened by my friend Nicole Pearson (no relation). Today I am sitting at her front desk acting as if I know what I am doing. So far so good, I think I have even fooled a few people. Being a full time mommy is my passion as well as my calling so going back to work is a foreign thought. But volunteering to help a friend for a day is both fun and stimulating, especially when I consider the alternative laundry and cleaning my bathrooms. Dr Nicole has someone to smile and answer phones today which comes with a cute little 4 year old bonus. Olivia adds a bright spot to the office, if I do say so myself. I hope she can hold out for just a few more hours and then I'm going to owe her lunch.

Enjoy your Monday. Lend a helping hand today. You never know what that small task may do for someone else.

No comments: