Saturday, July 17, 2010

Natures Goodness

Neighborhood fun.

Our garden is really growing and starting to produce all kinds of goodies.  We have picked several cucumbers but the tomatoes are a little slow to turn red.  However, when they do, they'll be running out our ears.  The sunflowers are about 8 feet tall, not that this pictures shows that but I love the bee sitting on the flower.  We've picked our first eggplant, which I'm sure was not ready.  Still to come are the peppers, strawberries, squash and seems like I 'm missing one more thing.  I am beginning to wonder if the basil and mint will take over the garden...geesh!  Next year (again) we will need to expand the area of the garden.  I really want onions.  No zucchini this year which is fine, I've found a supplier.  :)  Honestly, I wish we could grow all (most) our food.  It tastes so much better and lacks the pesticides.

No comments: