Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Olivia's First Camp

My darling little 4 year old attended her first ever camp at church.  No, I didn't get any pictures because the PARENTS DON'T STAY!!  She'll go back the next two days from 10-12 for more fun in the sun and learning about Jesus.  All she could remember about the "best day of her life" was going down the slide and eating blue jello for a snack.

My baby just isn't a baby anymore.  It's hard to believe she is going to preschool this fall.  Some of my hopes and dreams as a parent include watching the girls grow and develop into beautiful, smart, self-confident women.  I didn't realize that letting the baby slip through my fingers would be so difficult.  Stay tuned.  Over the years there will be many more posts that lean close to me whining and crying over the girls "growing and developing into beautiful, smart, self-confident women."  Hang in there with me, I'll need your support.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Yea, Olivia! I'm so proud of her for going to camp and it being the "best day of her life". That means you're doing a good job of preparing her for her future as a self-sufficient woman. Yea, Melanie!