Monday, May 2, 2011

Beth Moore's Scripture Challenge

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 1:7

Here I am in week #9 of Beth Moore's scripture memory challenge.
I am learning scripture but not as much as I would like.  I need to
be more diligent with my study habits.

Our pastor is challenging our church body to read a chapter in Proverbs a day. 
May has 31 days and Proverbs has 31 chapters.  So there really isn't a good
excuse for not knowing what chapter they should be reading.  My two
verses in May will probably both come from this month's reading.

I can't let today pass without at least mentioning the latest world news.
To be totally honest, I don't know how to feel about the death of Bin Laden.
It a relief to know he is gone but that doesn't change the status of
what he built.  I don't see his cause skipping a beat.  We have all been
affected by 9-11, certainly some much more than others.  The pain of
loosing a loved one probably never goes away but I know resentment does
not heal anything either.  So does Bin Laden's death release the resentment?
He (terrorist in general) has changed us forever. 

I'm not sure if I should delete that, I don't really know what to say or
how I feel.  I read a cute little saying on a friend's blog, all the
sudden I can see how true it is.

"Blogging is cheaper than a therapist!"

Ha!  That makes me laugh but I guess getting those unorganized
feelings out is proof of that statement.  If you have strong opinions
about what I said feel free to comment but if you leave something ugly
I won't post your comment.  Aw, the power!  :)

UPDATE:  saw this on a friend's facebook status today...I like this.

Whoever said it, doesn't matter:
"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."


No comments: