Sunday, May 1, 2011

Diamondbacks Face the Tigers

Today was Emma's second softball game of the season.  Yesterday they beat the Yellowjackets (Emma's team from 2 yrs ago) and today they tied the Diamondbacks (Emma's team from last year).  As we got in the car, Reagan made a comment about the score, 17-17 and Olivia said, "a tie means both teams lost."  I don't know where my little 5 year old got that but it made me laugh.  Personally I hate a tie but it's certainly better than a loss.

Pitchers from both teams struggled a bit, there were lots of walks but it's to be expected this early in the season.  They all will improve as the weeks fly by.  Emma got on base 3 times and scored all 3 times.  She was disappointed that she didn't get a hit but when you are walked and then hit by a pitch, it's pretty hard to put the ball in play.  I was very proud of her on offensive and defense.

No comments: