Friday, July 8, 2011

Once again, we attended the world famous Foley Fourth of July celebration. So it might not be "world" famous but it certainly is getting the attention of the folks in Grand Island. We first attended the firework party and BBQ back in 2004 with only a few families in attendance.  Most of us had one or two children.  Now not only have the families grown in size but the number of people invited have grown...some who came weren't even invited.  :)  This year the celebration included somewhere around 70 people.  Geesh!!!


 I know I already posted some pics of my cupcakes but this is the finished product.  The frosting was the best I have ever tasted.  I would like to keep the recipe a secret but it's not mine to hoard...found it on http://www.familyfun.com/ 
 Rod and Chris' arsenal
Let me add that Chris has already bought part of the finale for NEXT year.
  Look at these beautiful faces...I love 'em all! 
The dads say they put on this huge party for the kids. 
That's partially true...the dads are just big kids!
 Yes, I snapped this picture just as Olivia TOUCHED the burning punk!
 The two girliest girls at the party had PINK CHIC smoke bombs

 The whole neighborhood was full of pink smoke!
 Chris spent the whole evening handing out fireworks to everyone else's kids. 
Hopefully next year he will get to help his girls "play with explosives"


 What a face!
 Now the big boys get to play.  I shutter to think the amount of money they blew up

Rod was so proud of his finale that it found it's way onto youtube.  Click this... 2011 Foley Fireworks to see the best amateur firework display of 2011.

It's easy to forget the real beauty of this holiday.  There have been (and still are) men and women serving, fighting and dying to protect my freedoms.  Most of those freedoms I take for granted everyday...flying my flag, openly worshiping my God, wearing shorts, cutting my hair, voting, educating my daughters and the list goes on.  I am grateful that I can chose but it has come at a great cost.  Thank you to every soldier and soldier's loved one.

NOTE: Emma's camera has the firework pictures, I will add them later.

No comments: