Friday, July 29, 2011

Hotels...Peaches...Arch

(Note: I added a few extra pictures)

What do these three things have in common? Not much other than
the drive home from fourteen wonderfully packed vacation days.
Sunday morning we got an early start from Ponce Inlet, FL.
Day one of traveling went well.  Before we made it to Chattanooga TN
we stopped at a peach and pecan orchard in Georgia.
My hopes were that the girls would get to pick some peaches.
We took the tour which consisted of us riding around looking at trees
listening to a canned speech about the working operation. No picking! 
Well we did let them pick which box of peaches we should purchase.
The peaches are so juicy and sweet as can be.
We also bought peach cider and wine.

Over all no problems until we pulled up to our hotel.  Eww!  I
thought a Ramada would be better.  It took 3 rooms
before we found an acceptable place to stay.

Monday morning I was so happy to get on the road, I hardly
noticed I hadn't gotten my daily caffeine.
On day #2 we drove from Chattanooga TN to St Louis MO
(where our hotel was MUCH nicer and cheaper)
Our goal was to "do" the Arch.  When you think about
it, isn't $36 (for all 5 of us) a little much to ride up an elevator, look out
some windows and ride back down again?  We still did it and I'm glad
we did.  I love this picture of the arch casting a shadow on the river below.
See the dots...those are people.


Mom and girls in the arch...Chris was nervous but still made the trip.

I don't have pictures on the road Tuesday.
We all were feeling the stress of being in a vehicle for
three days, we were ready to be home.
I did have a "first" however.  Never in my life have I been
able to read in the car but I read an entire book on day #3.

Gotta have your name sign picture.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

What book did you read?