Friday, August 19, 2011

This Little Light of Mine

I am excited to share with you my latest home improvement.  For months (ACTUALLY YEARS) I have been looking for a new light fixture for our dining room.  It's not that I couldn't find something that I liked...there were so many.  It has been a two-fold problem.  First let me explain something about myself, when you look up "indecisive" in the dictionary my picture is there, or maybe it's my name, well just a description of me would work too.  (I COULDN"T DECIDE WHAT TO WRITE) HA HA So deciding which one I liked best was an overwhelming task.  And secondly, I'm all about getting something for a good deal.  Even the cheap ones are well over $150 and it's never the "cheap" ones that I like.

Then God shone is glorious light on me and my girlfriend, Kimberly as we hit the homebuilder stores.  Right there in the first isle of lighting at the GI Home Depot was a gift just for me. Originally priced $199, marked down to $79 but that wasn't good enough, I got another $20 off...that's what I call a smokin' deal!
B E F O R E
The table and chairs are already moved to the side so my handy man, Jerry would have room to work.  Apparently I didn't tell him about the vaulted ceiling before hand.  Then he found water stains and rusted metal stuff in the ceiling.  I am surprised? 
 NO!! 
 It's just one more thing to fix in this house. 
And here is the finished product.....
A F T E R

hmm, not a very good picture.


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Yippee! Thanks for sharing. Since I live in a rental and can't do anything about crappy light fixtures and mustard yellow paint, I'm enjoying home improvements vicariously through you! haha