Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Rocky Mountain National Park

First let me say, if you have a 4th grader you can get into ANY NATIONAL park for FREE! Woo Hoo! Yes I said free. Go to this web page to learn all about it and print your pass. "Every Kid in a Park" is an initiative to get 4th grade kids and their families outside exploring our natural riches.

We drove to Denver to watch Reagan play in the National Premier League National Championship Tournament. Can I brag? She played awesome! We had so much fun watching her play. Well, Olivia didn't really watch but she did go. ;) 

Once a family gets to Colorado it would be a shame to turn around and go home just because soccer is over, so we didn't. We spent two days with the Percival family...LOVE THEM! Jeff is the worship leader at Southeast Christian Church in Parker, Colorado. Hearing his voice on stage takes me back to the glory days of CCV. Thanks Percivals for making us laugh and feel so loved.

The last day in Colorado was spent in the Rocky Mountain National Park. The pictures below show some of our adventures but none of them capture the beauty of God's amazing design. Our first adventure was buying chicken in Safeway. Here's a sidenote, I remembered our AZ phone number so I could get the store discount...saved $4. Once we got through Estes Park the real journey began.
Our first waterfall. I can't remember the name of this fall
but it was formed in 2008 after a flood.
Emma was obsessed with all the big rocks
"Oh look, there's a big rock!"
Yep, here's another
Mom and Eldest Daughter
The air was thin but I climbed to the top with my girls.
Bear Lake
My zany girls
Our extra mile hike up, up, up to Alberta Falls
Alpine Tundra 11,796ft
Notice the jackets, it was chilly up there
Aw, the beauty!
No wonder he's afraid of heights!
We all wanted to stay longer but reality was calling us back home. Both of our summer jobs were screaming at us, demanding our attention. The trip home was not terrible, which I guess it means it was pretty good. We are truly blessed to be able to spend time together as a family. On our way home Chris & I began to realize that next summer Em will be in Europe, then off to college. Thus begins mom saying, "this is the last time we will..." I hope it doesn't get annoying.

A quick shout out to my Uncle Gavin in Washington turning 81 years young!
Much love to you.

I pray for those of you I know as well as the friends I have not yet met. We all can do something small to help out our fellow neighbors. Be a Blessing this week to someone new.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 
Ephesians 2:10

No comments: