Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer College ID Camp

College ID Camp? Really? She hasn't even started high school. Oh please slow down the clock and help me enjoy every moment God gives me with these precious gifts.

The last two weeks of July are packed full for this soccer stud. Reagan played in a national championship tournament in Colorado, had a couple days of R&R then attended a College ID Camp here in Omaha, tomorrow we have a 3 day family reunion and then she flies to San Diego for the SoccerLoco Surf Cup. Is that too much? The kid eats it up. She has goals and dreams that include soccer and wearing a US Olympic soccer jersey. So no, this is not too much. I would be lying if I said I had no concerns about burnout or exhaustion. What I have noticed about Reagan, if we remove her completely from soccer for 2 days she is dying to get back at it. That shows me she is fine.

This ID camp was right in the hottest week of the summer with humidity in the 70% range. Last night Reagan asked me if I walked at the track during camp, I told her, "no it was too hot." I think she may have rolled her eyes at me. And I deserved it.

Battling her own teammate and friend for possession of the ball

Ready to go down the line
The Elite Girls Academy players are so fortunate to have a Director of Coaching who is interested in seeing them play at the next level. Marcus Kelcher, founder of EGA and DOC puts countless hours into promoting his players whether it's at tournaments, bringing in Division 1 college coaches or taking countless phone calls and emails from coaches, parents and recruiters. A typical college ID camp on a college campus can range anywhere from $400-$800 but for $150 we had coaches from Nebraska University (UNL), Kansas University, Kansas State University, UMKC, Minnesota University, Creighton University, Auburn University, Hastings College, Nebraska Wesleyan, pretty sure I missed some. This is why the number of EGA girls playing soccer beyond high school is 70% higher than the average youth soccer club. We are a small club but we are mighty!

No comments: