Wednesday, May 3, 2017

For Such A Time As This

Esther is one of my favorite people in the bible. I encourage you to read the book of Esther especially if you find yourself in a place that God does not seem to be inhabiting. I promise you whether you see Him or not, He is with you in the good and the bad. 

In no way do I want to say my life is bad. But right now I do have a lot on my emotional plate. Once in while it seems like too much. Consider this, God is good all the time.  He can accomplish more than I can ever imagine, with or without me but maybe I was created for such a time as this. Just like Esther, she could have avoided the risks, stayed safe and God would have still saved the Jews. Instead she chose to obey and be used by God. It was hard. It was dangerous. It was unknown. It was a blessing!

My girls gave me a necklace with Esther 4:14 inscribed on it. LOVE IT! When I don't know what to do next I remember that it is no accident that I have sick friends, lost loved ones, financial uncertainty and the list goes on. God is working in the dark days too. Read below...

God’s sovereignty is best summarized in Mordecai’s exhortation to Esther: “And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14).
When events seemed out of control to Esther and Mordecai, when the king dictated ruin for their people, when evil was poised to triumph . . . God was at work. He worked through their dark days (Esther was taken to the harem [2:1–16]), their faithful obedience (Esther risked her life before the king [5:1–3]), and their victories (Esther revealed Haman’s plot and the Jews’ destruction of their enemies [7–9]). This message is clear: God is sovereign even when life doesn’t make sense.
God is also the great Promise Keeper. Mordecai said to Esther: “If you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish” (Esther 4:14). Mordecai’s words reflected his faith that God would honor His eternal covenant with Abraham and David.
So even though I have been struggling emotionally with all kinds of issues, big and small, plus trying to be a mom and wife it's important for me to remember to Thank God for the incredible blessings He is pouring out.

 Spending time with my sweet friend Danielle. Just a few months ago we were scrapbooking in Tonya's basement but now we are both praying for a miracle of healing and praising God that if He does not heal her on earth, she will soon be in Glory for all eternity.

My Senior!
Preparing for graduation is a full time job. There are forms to fill out, pictures to send in, parties to plan, financial decisions to be made, banquets to register for and lots of prayers spoken.
serving platters
the front room is a mess

3' letters covered in photos

 So many last concerts for my senior. District contest was an incredible success for Millard West choir, orchestra and small groups. All 1+ scores! Great job Em!

 Olivia is also enjoying concert season. 
She has performed with Minnesingers, R2 and Sing Omaha. This week was her band concert and next week will be school choir and orchestra. This girl has a passion for music!
not a good thing to see first thing in the morning. 
It has been a while since I could get a good picture with dad.
He is recovering from pneumonia and has a super strong heart. Love you dad!

Reagan honored Aunt Lois in Kicks For A Cure game
Soccer season is flying by quickly. Monday night was the first victory of district tournament, Reagan had a hat trick. (3 goals) The team has suffered some devastating injuries, each game I pray for every kid out there to walk of the field at the end of the game. 

This week I am prepping for Sunday's grad party...65 pounds of bacon takes a while to cook. I still have some decorations to finish and oh what about that video montage that everyone shows at their grad parties. Hmm, I may or may not get that done.

We all have a story. Whatever brings you to your knees, remember that God has fully equipped you to take on the day. I know I was created for such a time as this, to love and be loved.

Go make a difference!

No comments: