Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nothings the Same

One week later and we all find ourselves in very different places. Ok, so Chris is still teaching in the same school but living with a co-worker and really without his family.

The girls and I are living with Chris' parents which is a great place to be but there's nothing like being in your own home.

Emma and Reagan are in a new school and it's tough. The very thing that Emma loves about being the new girl is what Reagan hates....attention from people she doesn't know very well.

I miss my friends too! To make things a little worse...my cell phone has terrible service inside my own house. Nice. So chatting with the girls from home proves to be difficult not to mention, painting is difficult at best with a phone between your ear and shoulder. LOL

Here's the break down of this week...
Sunday
Brett, Rod and Ryan were over helping move heavy furniture into the garage and then we discovered a slight plumbing problem which lead to midnight. UGH!
Monday
Too many friends to mention came over to help pack the truck. What a blessing to have great friends who want to serve God by helping others. We weren't able to get everything in the truck, thanks Packers for your garage.
Tuesday
It was rough getting the kids into school. Closed on the new house but forgot the proceeds check and paper work in GI. Nice one Mel. Praise God, it all worked out. Unloaded the house into the garage and basement. Chris went back to GI.
Wednesday
Big shopping at Lowes then I worked on the house, cleaning and unpacking.
Today
I painted almost all of the ceilings...back breaking work. Put together some beds and did some more unpacking. The best news, Uncle Lynn mowed and put chemicals on the lawn. Oh DH owes him big time.

Now you are caught up... If I can find my camera cord, I'll have pictures in a few days.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What a week! The girls are in my thoughts & prayers that they get settled in & feel better about their new school. Hopefully you have a chance to relax this weekend & I can't wait to see pics!

Conibaer said...

I´m curious to see pics too! I hope the girls will settle down soon and evreything will be just great for you and your familiy!

Michele said...

Can't wait for pics...I've been thinkin' about you!