Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Do you all know that I LOVE to paint? It truely is one of my favorite things to do for several reasons...
1. it gives me another creative outlet
2. it's a fairly inexpensive way to alter a room
3. it gives me a great excuse to be a perfectionist...b/c it matters!

For the first time in our marriage I have decorated our bedroom. My friend Lindsey, who is also a perfectionist and I painted my room green back in May. Finally I got to the stripes. They add just a little something to the room that really dresses it up. I am in love!! Also, for the first time in our 12 year marriage we have a headboard/footboard. (chris and I put it together without even arguing.) I can't believe how much I love my bedroom. We should have done this years ago!!

Tomorrow is our "house warming" party which I will tell you more about AFTER the fact. Anyway, I have loads of work to do today. No, all the boxes are NOT put away. No, I don't have stuff up on the walls in most of the rooms. No, my kitchen doesn't look the way I want it to. Yes, I am crazy for hosting 40+ people for dinner. :) It'll be fun and I can't wait to see the surprise we are going to unvail tomorrow evening. (No we aren't expecting!)

I had the most fabulous weekend with several friends. We ate at all our fav spots, stayed up super late, slept in, had total peace and quiet all night, and scrapped our little hearts out. Really, this side of heaven, could ANYTHING be better than that? I got 18 LOs done which is an alltime record for me. I haven't uploaded any LOs yet, hope to get to that soon.

Until next time: My prayer for you is to feel the Peace of our Lord and Savior in the midst of your chaotic life!

1 comment:

Lisa J. said...

It looks great!! Hope you have a great Housewarming. Can't wait to hear all about it!