Tuesday, July 8, 2008

God Bless America

Wow, is that ever an over used statement! I would have to say God HAS blessed America...over and over again. It's amazing how everyone gets so patriotic the first week of July and then what? Oh well, I do feel so blessed to live in America where I have religious freedom and the right to publically say what I want to. Hmm, thanks to a large number of men and women who have put their life on the line, even died for what they believe. Was that a soap box moment or what?

We spent Independence Day with some dear friends back in GI. The kids had a blast and none of the men blew off any apendages. That's how you know it's a great celebration. The greatest timing of the night was the low flying jet over the house right as we asked the blessing over the food. Rod said he planned it that way....WHATEVER!!

Look at these cuties.... E and Olivia were so excited to see eachother after being apart for 2 months. They had great coversations about potty training and tattle tailing on older siblings.
And here are my older two darlings, with sparklers.
I've been trying to get the house put together. Next week we are having a "house warming" party. There's still lots to do and yet I must fulfill my need to scrapbook and socialize as much as possible. It's a rough life here. Who knew the maid service wasn't part of the deal when we bought this house?

One little side note here...Olivia dropped Emma's new headband in the toilet today. Chris thought we should just wash it. EWWW!! So I ran back to The Children's Place to buy another clearenced headband. Oh, they were all gone but the store is stocked with yummy new fall duds. OMGosh, I wanted it all. The girls talked me into buying 3 new headbands for $8, so much for my $1 item. :)

Peace Out
(don't know why I just typed that)

1 comment:

debbiec said...

oh, that ALWAYS happens to me when i shop!
totally enjoying your blog :)